- How many diapers do I need?
The average Smartipants parent will use 36 diapers. This will generally allow you to launder your diapers every 3 days.
- How do I use my Smartipants Diapers?
First place the insert into the diaper through either opening of the smart sleeve and hold the front of the insert in place at one end, stretch the diaper and smooth the insert flat as you pull your other hand out of the diaper.
TIP: For overnight use, consider stuffing with two inserts and setting the diaper to be one size larger than you would for daytime use. Many parents also prefer to pre-stuff their diapers at the end of their washing routine.
You can adjust the diaper sizing by choosing the snap setting on the front of the diaper. Your diaper arrives snapped down to the "small" setting, which is the bottom row of snaps. To resize the diaper fully unsnap the front of the diaper and resize.
- How can I tell if the diaper is adjusted to fit my baby properly?
Pick up your baby’s legs after putting the diaper on and observe how it fits around the legs and bottom. Is it snug? If you can see space between the diaper and their skin, then you need to refine the fit. Try a smaller snap setting and make sure it is fastened snugly.
Remember, babies change shape frequently as they grow up. You may have times when your relatively young baby is using their one-size diapers on the largest setting. The same child may be on the medium setting several months later due to increased mobility.
- I'd like to buy Smartipants! Where can I get this brand?
Click Here to purchase Smartipants in our online store! Stay tuned, our products will soon be available to purchase in a baby retail store near you.
- How do I wash my new diapers?
Smartipants diapers and their inserts should be washed after each use!
There is no need to remove the wet insert, simply unsnap the front of the diaper to the largest size setting to ensure it will agitate out in the wash.
Click here to download Care & Wash instructions! (Right-Click the link and Select "Save Link As") To view this file you will need to have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded here.
- Soiled diapers can be sprayed with a diaper sprayer or solids can be shaken off into the toilet. Diapers can then be placed in a dry diaper pail until you are ready to launder them.
- Wash the diaper(s) in hot water (up to 120 degrees) with no more than 1/4 (high efficiency machines) to 1/2 (top loading, regular machines) of the detergent's recommended amount per load. DO NOT USE ANY BLEACH OR FABRIC SOFTENERS.
- If your machine does not automatically follow a hot wash with a rinse, we recommend that you run an additional rinse cycle to remove any lingering traces of detergent.
- Tumble dry the diaper(s) on the low/warm setting.
- What detergent can I use?
You should use a detergent that is free of dyes, enzymes, perfumes, whiteners and brighteners.
Below is a list of detergents you should NOT use when washing Smartipants:
All small & mighty with Snuggle
All baby or 2x baby
Arm & Hammer Fabricare or Fabricare Free
Bold 2 in 1
Dr. Bronners Castille Soap
Method ( only Free & Clear is acceptable)
Purex ( only Free & Clear is acceptable)
Sun & Earth
Any brand with added fabric softener is not acceptable
- What should I avoid?
Do not use extra additives in your wash (like baking soda or vinegar). These ingredients are unnecessary. Do not use fabric softeners.
- Can I use rash creams with Smartipants?
Diaper rashes should be treated according to your physician's recommendations. If you need to use a rash cream, you should use a flushable liner or a piece of fleece between your baby's bottom and the diaper to prevent the cream from transferring onto the diapers. There are some safe rash creams for cloth diapers, please email our <
customer care for a safe rash cream recommendation.
- How can I prevent diaper leakage?
The number one cause of leakage is a saturated diaper that just needs to be changed. Any diaper will leak once full. If your baby is having problems with leaks, check this first. 99% of the time, additional absorbency or more frequent diaper changes solves leakage problems. If that doesn't work, we've included some other trouble-shooting tips below.
- Did you prewash?
We require that you wash your diapers at least once before using them for the first time. It is recommended that cloth diapers are pre-washed 3-5 times, but the choice is up to you.
- At the time of leakage is your insert wet or dry?
If the diaper is leaking change the diaper and check the insert. If the insert is saturated then your baby definitely needs more absorbency or more frequent diaper changes. If the insert is not saturated, then the diaper may not be adjusted to fit your child properly or, your diapers may have detergent build up which can cause leakage. If the problem persists
please email us
- What is the Smartipants™ guarantee?
We’ll stand behind the workmanship and materials in a properly cared for product. Our guarantee covers all components of our product including the snaps, lining, elastic and waterproofing. We guarantee 2 years on snaps, 60 days on elastic and materials, and 60 days on sewing and workmanship. The warranty is extended to the original purchaser of the diapers only. Proof of purchase is required.
Product must be sent at customer's expense to us for examination of workmanship and materials. Diapers must arrive unstained, clean, stink-free and dry. Diapers not meeting this description will be returned without evaluation. After reviewing your diapers, we may choose any of the following options at our discretion:
- Replace the diaper.
- Repair the diaper.
- Provide you with simple instructions to resolve the problem you are having with the diaper.
THIS GUARANTEE IS VOID WHEN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES APPLY:
- The washing instructions have not been followed
- The diaper has been altered
- Any of the following has been used in conjunction with the use/care of the product:
- Water temperatures exceeding 150F or 60C
- A detergent containing additives (enzymes, brighteners, whiteners, dyes, perfumes, essential oils) or natural soap
- Fabric softeners
- Any use of bleach or caustic substance
- Diaper rash cream
THIS GUARANTEE DOES NOT COVER:
- Leaking (except as related to manufacturing defect), "stinky diapers", buildup or normal wear.
- What materials are used in Smartipants™ diapers?
We use the highest quality most durable materials in our products. Soft waterproof polyester outer fabric prevents leaks and our super soft suedecloth lining is made exclusively for us. We use durable elastics and the very best YKK snaps in our diapers as well. Our Smart Sleeve inserts are made from microfiber terry and are trim yet very absorbent.
- Does Smartipants™ pass Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2009 (CPSIA) requirements for Lead and Heavy Metals testing?
Yes, Smartipants™ passes all CPSIA requirements. Our certificate of compliance with CPSIA testing can be found here:
Download Compliance Document.
Our return policy can be found here: Privacy and Return Policies.
Return to top